Protecting your privacy and your personal data while you use this website is important to Gira. This is why we have explained below how we use your personal data.
- Every time a user accesses a page on the Gira website or downloads a file, data about these processes is stored in a log file. The data is stored exclusively for internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following data is stored for every download:
- Name of the downloaded file
- Date and time of the download
- Amount of data transferred
- Message confirming whether the download was successful
- Description of the type of web browser used
- Querying IP address in anonymised form
(The IP address is anonymised by deleting the last octet or replacing it with a random value).
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files that are stored on your computer and enable analysis of your use of this website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is generally transmitted to and stored on a Google server in the United States. If IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will, however, truncate your IP address beforehand within member states of the European Union or other states which are parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activities and providing the website operator with other services relating to website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not associated with any other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser software. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent Google’s collection and processing of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
This website uses “retargeting technologies” from Google Inc. We use these technologies to make online advertising more interesting to you. This technology makes it possible to specifically address advertising on Google Display Network websites to those Internet users who have already shown an interest in our products. We are convinced that the display of personalised, interest-based advertising is generally more interesting for an Internet user than advertising which has no personal link of this kind. The display of this advertising on the websites of the Google Display Network is based on cookie technology and analysis of the user’s previous online behaviour. This form of advertising is completely anonymous. No personal data is saved and no user profiles are compiled using your personal data. You can prevent Google’s collection and processing of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at:http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- Within our website we use the "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook. Tracking pixels are integrated on our pages. When you visit our pages, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Facebook server via the tracking pixel. Your browser, among other things, provides Facebook with the information that our page was opened from your end device. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook can use this information to assign the visit to our pages to your user account. Please note that as providers of the pages we do not receive any knowledge of the transmitted data or its use by Facebook. We can only choose the Facebook user segments (e.g. age, interests) to which our publicity is to be displayed. In this case, we use one of two Custom Audiences procedures, where no data records, in particular no email addresses of our users are transmitted to Facebook – in either encrypted or unencrypted form. In addition, opening this pixel from your browser then enables Facebook to recognise whether a Facebook advertisement was successful, e.g. resulted in a consultation request. We only receive static data without any reference to a specific person from Facebook. In this way, we can record the effectiveness of the Facebook advertisements for static and market research purposes. In particular, if you are registered with Facebook, please consult the Privacy Notice.
This consent may only be given by users who are older than 13. If you are younger, please ask your parent or guardian for advice.
Please click here if you do not want your data to be collected using the Facebook pixel.
- We only collect personal data when you actively contact us directly, e.g. by email. In addition, we only save personal data if you provide it to us of your own accord, for example as part of a registration process, in a survey, for the purposes of a competition or to implement a contract.
All the personal data provided in this context is collected, processed and used in accordance with the current regulations on the protection of personal data and only for the purpose of implementing a contract and safeguarding our own justified business interests so that we can advise and support our customers and design our products to meet their requirements.
- Our employees are required to treat personal data as confidential. This data shall only be disclosed to third parties if doing so is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract. Such third parties are also required by agreements to protect users’ data.
- You may revoke your consent to your personal data being processed and used at any time with effect for the future. To do so, simply send an email to the address given in the 'Legal notice' section or otherwise write to one of the postal addresses given there.
You may request information from us about the personal data that we have stored and request that we correct the same if it is incorrect or out-of-date at any time. To do so, simply send an email to the address given in the 'Legal notice' section or otherwise write to one of the postal addresses given there.
- All data on gira.de and gira.com that is found and hosted (i.e. stored) on our servers is protected against access by unauthorised persons through the use of a succession of security systems. Our employees and system service providers regularly evaluate the protection’s effectiveness.
- We ensure that we comply with the data protection provisions in all areas of our platform and our company. We expressly reserve the right to change, amend, correct or delete these data protection provisions in whole or in part at any time, particularly when doing so is necessary as a result of new legislative requirements or technical developments. If you have questions, you can also contact us directly. Write to:
Gira Giersiepen GmbH & Co. KG
P.O. Box 12 20